Friday, October 10, 2008

Love/ Hate...


I thought I would go ahead and get it out there. My concern is that if I get it out there I would fall off the wagon and back at square one. In the past month or so I have started the dreaded journey and I am embracing my love/ hate relationship with the gym. I have never been the type to *enjoy* the gym/ exercise experience. The other aspect to working out is finding the time - I am not a morning person and thought the idea of getting up at 5:30 AM or earlier was out of the question. Going to the gym after working all day? Uh, no thanks! So... I need to make time. I need to make it a PRIORITY! So there. There you have it folks - I am putting it out there on the blog in hope of it motivating my lazy behind and being accountable. Also, in hope of someday, maybe one day having that a body like that chick's the picture above (I need to print it out and place it on my fridge! Hey... a girl can dream, right!?) I'm saying it here... Because, I certainly don't want to let you all down.

4 comments:

Kia Gregory said...

Good job girl. Get in there and don't think about it. Think of Ice Cube's famous words..."You can do it put your back in to it."
And you are gonna look fabuloso.

Kandice said...

I'm with ya, Pam. Good luck! Just try lots of different types of things at the gym and maybe you'll find one you really like... at least that's what I keep telling myself. :)

Pam said...

Kia - I love me some 'Cube! And I LOVE that song! Adding that to the workout mix!

Kara Ward said...

I completely understand. I hate it too but I hate it more when my clothes don't fit. I want quick results and it takes forever. I really don't like sweat. I need chocolate every day and I think way too much about food. That first step into the gym door is the hardest but afterwards I feel renewed. I guess we just have to think about the afterwards...all of them. wink, wink Kara